Besides the tests that we perform on the products there is a health control on DNS and IPv6 tunnels according to the check-list below.
For further information regarding the routines for SEC-certification on networks, please contact Absilion.
1. DNS health-checks:
- Absilion and Interlan creates a list of approved operators which validates DNSSEC based on SEC-certificates.
- In every order, portal or corresponding, any SEC-certificated city network must refer to this list of approved operators.
- Any new operators who are going to deliver Internet services through a SEC-certificated network must validate DNSSEC.
- The requirement on DNSSEC still applies on networks with only one operator.
It is not possible to approve the network and then not approve them as an operator.
- Validation of DNSSEC will be a requirement for all operators 2011-03-01.
2. IPv6 Connectivity:
- Health and reachability are checked on the closest Teredo server and 6to4 gateway. We prefer that every operator got a 6to4 and a Teredo relay/gateway.
Approved operators in SEC-certified networks are allowed to use the SEC-DNSSEC logo on their web-page and in their campaigns.